Sounds Good: Get started in audio and podcasting
Date: 18 and 25 March 2023
Have you thought about how your writing could work for audio and podcasting? Whether you’re brand new or already exploring audio and podcasting, we want to help empower your creative ideas and production skills.
This is a three-hour course, with the opportunity afterwards to apply for bursary-based mentoring and guidance towards production and commissioning.
All kinds of writing can work for audio and podcasting. In an interactive workshop, you’ll work with expert tutors in a small group looking at:
– what makes a story work – or not – for audio
– how to make a good podcast idea great
– recording, production and editing skills for getting going
– industry tips and tricks on all forms of audio (scripted, fiction/non-fiction, journalistic etc) presenting, improving, getting commissioned, Q&A and much more.
We will be encouraging bursary applications for further audio mentoring and industry support following workshop completion.
Tutors: Angharad Hampshire, Dave Pickering and Lucie McNeil
Who is this for?
- Anyone wondering about how to audio-ise their content or writing, whether for podcasting, radio feature, narration, or for accessibility
- All writers and creatives of all forms
- New, emerging and experienced writers and creatives
- Anyone over-18 and based in North of Tyne
- No audio experience necessary
Sounds Good is funded by Creative UK and North of Tyne Combined Authority
The Sounds Good workshops are open to residents of North of Tyne (Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland).
How to apply
Please apply for this FREE workshop by 9am, Monday 6 March using the form below to outline your creative interest.
There are four dates and times to choose from. Feel free to select as many as you are genuinely available for, ensuring you keep the dates free you’re applying for. Each session offers the same content and you will only be offered a place on one, and notified as soon as possible after the submission deadline.
Saturday 18 March 2023, 10am–1pm, online
Saturday 18 March 2023, 2pm–5pm, online
Saturday 25 March 2023, 10am–1pm, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
Saturday 25 March 2023, 2–5pm, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
The Sounds Good workshops last three hours with a five-minute break between each hour.
We aim to make our workshops accessible to all. You will be asked about your access requirements on the application form. You can also get in touch with us at [email protected] if you require any adjustments to support your participation, or require information in another format.
North of Tyne Combined Authority