Write Your Novel – with Yvonne Battle-Felton
Write Your Novel is a new 8-part podcast series aimed at helping you, the writer, develop your novel draft.
Created by novelist Yvonne Battle-Felton, the series features award-winning writers reading from their books and conversations with the authors around an element of craft. Each episode ends with a writing exercise focusing on the technique the writer discussed. The exercises encourage you to write, re-write, and read.
Write Your Novel aims to act as a way in for writers at all stages of writing and may be listened and re-listened to in any order as you read and write along. We encourage you to read or re-read the author’s books for even more examples of the techniques at work within the novel.
Let’s write together and draft your novel.
Listen here, or search in your usual podcast app
Presenter: Yvonne Battle-Felton
Producer: Candace Wilson
Music: Joe Gardner
A Sonderbug Production funded by Arts Council England and supported by New Writing North.
- Transcript 1: StructureRead More about Transcript 1: Structure
- Transcript 2: Developing CharacterRead More about Transcript 2: Developing Character
- Transcript 3: SettingRead More about Transcript 3: Setting
- Transcript 4: DescriptionRead More about Transcript 4: Description
- Transcript 5: TensionRead More about Transcript 5: Tension
- Transcript 6: DialogueRead More about Transcript 6: Dialogue
- Transcript 7: Rhythm & LanguageRead More about Transcript 7: Rhythm & Language
- Transcript 8: Point of ViewRead More about Transcript 8: Point of View