Music reviewing opportunities for young writers
Love music? Writing reviews? Interested in jazz? Want FREE tickets to world-class events and a masterclass with a professional writer?
If you are aged 15-23 years you can apply to be a festival reviewer at this year’s Gateshead International Jazz Festival at Sage Gateshead.
Starting in March 2015 the project offers new and aspiring arts and music reviewers, musicians and writers the chance to develop their writing and start building a portfolio of work.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Develop a relationship with Sage Gateshead and Cuckoo Young Writers
• Attend a review writing masterclass with Kevin LeGendre
• Get free tickets to a selection of performances at Gateshead International Jazz Festival (10-12 April at Sage Gateshead)
• Develop your review writing skills, knowledge of jazz, and ability to write about music
• Have your work published on Cuckoo Review, our online arts journalism magazine
• Receive feedback and support with your writing
To find out more or express your interest in a place on the scheme, please contact Amy Mitchell by 7 March at [email protected] or call 0191 204 8852.