Reviewers in Residence with Northern Stage and Cuckoo Young Writers
Love theatre? Writing reviews? Free tickets?
If you are aged 15-23 years and based in the North East you can apply to our new scheme to develop your review writing skills.
Starting in February 2015, we have an exciting new opportunity for Reviewers in Residence with Northern Stage and Cuckoo Young Writers. The project offers new and aspiring arts reviewers and theatre critics the chance to develop their writing and start building a portfolio of work.
Over a period of three months, Reviewers in Residence will:
• Develop a relationship with Northern Stage and Cuckoo Young Writers
• Attend an introductory session with Lorne Campbell, artistic director at Northern Stage
• Get free tickets to a selection of shows at Northern Stage
• Gain exclusive access to NORTH rehearsals and the opportunity to interview the actors and follow their development
• Develop their review writing skills in a session with Maddy Costa, theatre and music critic and/or Jake Orr, artistic director of A Younger Theatre
• Have their work published on Cuckoo Review, our online arts journalism magazine
• Receive feedback and support from Northern Stage and Cuckoo Young Writers team
The project runs from February-May 2015.
To apply, email Amy Mitchell [email protected] expressing your interest in the project by Friday 6 February. For more information call Amy on 0191 204 8852.