First Edition (18-25 Writers’ Group)
Where: Green Room, 2nd Floor Recoco, No. 1 Carliol Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6UF
Date: Wednesdays during term time
Type: Groups , Writing and Publishing Skills Hub , Young writers
What is First Edition?
- A place to share works in progress
- A place to make professional and social connections
- A place to find out about more local opportunities for writers
- A sounding board for questions about writing
- A place to learn new writing techniques
- Somewhere to start forging a writing career
We do this by…
- Offering advice in a friendly setting
- Sharing our interests and ideas with each other
- Being inquisitive and willing to try new things
- Bringing in guest writers and industry professionals for regular masterclasses
- Sharing our knowledge, our wins and our challenges
If you’re aged 18-25, based in the North East and interested in creative careers and opportunities, then this is the group for you!
The programme includes regular masterclasses with professional writers, opportunities to develop your own skills as a writer or creative practitioner and space to share new work and ideas with peers and experienced writer and group leader, Bridget Hamilton.
You don’t have to come to every session, feel free to drop in as and when it suits you.
Wednesdays during term time 6-8pm
Current term dates: 18 January, 25 January, 1 February, 8 February, 15 February, 1 March, 8 March, 15 March, 22 March, 29 March.
Green Room, 2nd Floor Recoco, No. 1 Carliol Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6UF
For more information email [email protected]