The Northern Writers’ Awards Talent Network
In addition to the individual programmes of each award strand, all Northern Writers’ Awards winners over the age of 18 will receive ongoing support (winners under 18 will receive separate support) as part of the Northern Writers’ Awards Talent Network.
This support will be designed around your individual requirements as a writer. We will help you to identify your personal goals for your writing and support you as you work towards them.
The network may include a combination of the following:
- Consultations with a designated in-house contact at New Writing North.
- Advice and support for funding applications when appropriate.
- Support with brokering connections with literary agents and publishers.
- Professional development sessions for poets delivered by a publisher.
- A place on New Writing North’s Pitching Workshop.
- Regular peer group meetings with fellow winners.
- A year’s free membership of the Society of Authors.
- A professional development session with the Society of Authors.
- An in-person or Zoom visit to Oneworld Publications.
- An in-person or Zoom visit to the Madeleine Milburn Agency.
- An Arvon Masterclass.
- Specially designed seminars delivered by the Soho Agency.